Thursday, February 25, 2010

What Makes It All Worth It...

This week has been another doozie. Both kids sick, another snowstorm, and this morning, Nick woke up and came downstairs with his right eye swollen shut. Mind you I went to the dr. yesterday to have him checked before the storm today, got medicine just in case we needed it, and here we were having to go back to the doctor. I cried of course, but then got in the car and drove while praying for the first time in snow to get him rechecked. It turned out to be a sinus infection that impacted his eye. Poor guy. Needless to say, we spent the day having fun indoors, however, Mommy is more than ready for Daddy to come home.

Tonight, I was tucking him in and giving hugs and kisses. Nicholas said, "Mommy, I love you more than racecars." I told him how much that meant to me and then he said, "Mommy, I love you more than Ocean City." I laughed and then he said, "Mommy, I love you more than ice cream too."

Kids know just what we need. They take care of us too. I love being a mom. There is nothing like it in the world.

2 comments:

Chris said...

That's super sweet, and makes all the trouble SO worth it!

slaland said...

More than ice cream - you are a rocking mama!

Sweet boy :)