Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Great to be in Suffolk

Every year, we visit the Suffolk Peanut Festival. We posted last year about the big event and went back to view the pictures to see how much Nicholas has grown.(http://finestfamily.blogspot.com/2007/10/suffolk-peanut-festival.html)
Last year, Nate wasn't even planted yet! Anyway, we love Suffolk-- home of Planters Peanuts!

This year's festival was so fun, even with a 7 week old baby. First of all, Baby Nate is so easy going. Sleeps when he can and is never fussy about being out and about. He doesn't sleep too well in the carseat, because as soon as we stop moving, he is awake. But he never cries! As for Nicholas, he was old enough this year to see parts of the Demolition Derby with Daddy (yes my friends, we live in farm country!) and ride the rides. He loved seeing everything lit up and being up so late. He is our little buddy.






Nicholas wanted to play some of the games too. Well Daddy promised that this game was impossible to win but Nicholas pulled it off. Here is what he won:

So we come home, I clean a balloon vase and put "Fish E." in the bowl. We feed him, Nick sings him a lullaby and goes to bed. I come downstairs and am cleaning the baby bottles, look up, and "Fish E." is already at the bottom. So, we prayed Nicholas forgot about him this morning. But no, the first thing he wanted to see was his fish. We explained that his "Mommy called him home." Thank goodness he was ok with that. We offered to go buy another one today and we will see if he calls us on it.

As for other news, Nate has been smiling for weeks but I am never tired of taking pictures of him doing so. Here he is:


Nicholas has been into playing football lately and he loves wearing numbers so I just had to get him a jersey. Now, I am not playing "unfair" to Mathew and his Seahawks. However, I can get a Giants jersey on Ebay for $25 but not a Seahawks one. I can't control the popularity of the league's best team, can I? I promise Daddy, I am still searching for one that doesn't cost the regular price of $45. So if anyone sees one out there that is a good deal, email me! I got Nicholas a 5T! Fits him perfectly, don't you think?

No comments: