Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Queens to Newport

At the end of February, Matt and I made a trip to Newport, RI where we will moving for one year this June. We started in Queens, NY-- We stopped on the way so that I could finally see where I grew up one more time. It was such a defining experience-- seeing where I came from knowing I was moving in a few months to a very pish posh area of the country. I was also reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and to say that it was all just too much is an understatement. To quote Chapter 8, "She was all of these things and of something more."
My early years were spent here in Catholic School.
Look at this beautiful church.  Does everyone understand now why I am so picky about my church?

My Mary statue

My library where my love of reading began

40-19 Murray Street Flushing, NY, where I was born and raised

Stepping on the lawn of my neighbor's house.  She was a wicked witch who used to come out and yell at us for being on her lawn.  TAKE THAT!

Beautiful Newport.  More growing to do there.

3 comments:

Crista said...

It was fun reading this Lizzy and seeing where my favorite firecracker grew up. No wonder you have spunk! Love you, Crista

Crista said...

I was fun reading this Lizzy and seeing where our favorite firecracker grew up. No wonder you have spunk. Love you! Crista

Chris said...

I loved this post and seeing all the places that shaped you. Thanks for sharing!