Thursday, August 7, 2008

Nick Screams for Ice Cream

Nicholas made ice cream with Mommy last week. It was so yummy. He picked "Cookies and Cream," and I am pretty sure he enjoyed crushing the Oreos with a meat mallet as his favorite part!


Mommy is letting me bang with a hammer? Wow!



Pouring it in the mixer.


Watching it get thicker!

We went to our 37 week appt. today.

We had an ultrasound- baby is approx. 7 lbs. 9 ozs. and is in the 90th percentile, measuring at 38 weeks. I thought that meant we could get this done sooner than later, but no, the induction is tentatively scheduled for 8/21. Two more weeks. Ugh! I am half delirious from not sleeping no matter what I do (I just cannot drift off, and when I finally do, I have to pee!!) I know everyone goes through this at the end, and I just keep telling myself to get through it. So, unless Baby Fine decides to do this on his own, August 21st should be his birthday...

We are really enjoying spending this time with Nicholas before our whole life changes- a baby for all of us and preschool for Nicholas. It is kind of sad to say goodbye to it being the three of us, but I know once we have this baby, we won't remember what it was like when it was "just the three of us." So we better savor these last days, shouldn't we??

On a side note, is this mess with Brett Favre not just so pathetic? I respected the man as one of the best quarterbacks of our time, and now I am just disgusted looking at him. The Jets must be thrilled but I wouldn't start jumping up and down yet kids.

Ok, enough of that. Will keep you updated! Love you all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mama! I was awaiting a phone call out entire vacation!! Although I must say Arianna is excited to know that the new baby may possibly share her birthday!!! Doesn't Nicholas share the same too as someone else you know? Hang in there, it's almost over...or should I say, it's about to begin....a whole new chapter in the Fine Family. Take care and we love ya all!

Our Family said...

J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!!!!

Yeah baby...don't be upset that the new stadium will at least now have a respectable Quarterback playing it now that Brett is a Jet...i love that rhyme.

Brendan and Michelle said...

I haven't talked to you in forever! I will call this week! We've been thinking about you guys and wondering when "Thing 2" is going to make his grand entrance! Hang in there and try to get some rest!! We love you!

Anonymous said...

The baby is adorable. Such a cute family.

Love Laura